Friday, May 31, 2013

How do i learn how to drive my wheelchair?

Question by Diego: How do i learn how to drive my wheelchair?
when i go to the store i always run into people by accident... i ran over my grandmother once as well.. how do i learn to drive my wheelchair?


Best answer:

Answer by GrayPict
You practice a lot and try not to move so fast. Electrical wheelchairs move pretty fast and if you are not careful you bump into every and run over people as well. IT is somewhat like a car, you are responsible for its movement and should be watching for others as well as displays.



Add your own answer in the comments!

5 comments:

  1. If it's manual, for other people's safety, have someone push you. Enjoy the ride. If it's electric, get a manual one and let others enjoy their shopping experience without being accidentally run over. It's one of those things you can either do or you can't. I can't swim so I stay out of the pool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it's electric, drive it on a slower speed until you get used to it. Watch for tail swing when turning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not as easy as it seems. I was asked at my college position to spend the day in a wheel chair. I accepted. By after noon I was exhausted. The worst? In the restroom. I was so glad when they came to get the infernal thing. Never complained again about elevators and ramps. I became a major advocate for modifications and moving classes to more accessible places, faculty grumped about changing all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If something has caused you to be confined to a wheelchair, you should have been taught and practiced by a physical therapist who decided the best chair for your use and that it fitted you well.

    I don't think you are confined to a wheelchair, I think you are a troll.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is it manual or electric? Depending on which one it is you could go to youtube and type in "how to". Some pretty good videos will come up explaining exactly how to drive your wheelchair.

    Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete