Saturday, May 11, 2013

How can a make or purchase a joystick contoller to controll another joystick controller?

Question by T2427537: How can a make or purchase a joystick contoller to controll another joystick controller?
I have electric wheelchair. A hooveround. I move around by moving the joystick on arm of the chair. There are time where it would usefull to control the chair while I'm not in it. For example when I go to bed the chair is right next to the bed. I would rather move it into a corner. So I would need a unit of servos etc that I could place over the existing joystick and have a RC controller joystick that as I moved it would mimic my left right top bottom actions. I hope this makes sense. If anyone has any ideas please let me know.


Best answer:

Answer by a friend
This would be a good question to ask Radio Shack. If they don't have anything try the Internet, look at Microsoft and the other computer companies, and if there is none, you could try a hospital.

If you don't find it anywhere, which I think is a shame, because it sounds cool, try getting a patent and have someone make one for you.



What do you think? Answer below!

1 comment:

  1. It is a very interesting idea. If you are good at electronics, I may be able use the motors from a RC car.

    ReplyDelete