Monday, May 6, 2013

Can I put a battery operated radio on my electric wheelchair, so I can extend a speaker that is electric?

Question by d s: Can I put a battery operated radio on my electric wheelchair, so I can extend a speaker that is electric?
Can I put a battery operated radio on my electric wheelchair, so I can extend a speaker that is electric?
the extended speaker is electric and i have to wire it in my wheelchair batteries, in other words I want to hear my surrounding without the headphones in my ears all the time


Best answer:

Answer by sparky3489
Maybe. You need to know the voltage of the batteries and the voltage required by what you want to power. If they aren't the same, other measures must be taken.

Contact me with full info on what you want and I can help.



Give your answer to this question below!

1 comment:

  1. Haven't you asked something like this before? Why would you run the radio on its own batteries and let the speakers drain your chair batteries? You can get battery-powered speakers easily enough and they won't affect your chair's run-time.

    In theory, if your speakers have an input port or jack, you can do this just by running a cable from the headphone jack to the import jack on the speakers.

    If you wired in car speakers to your chair, you are pretty much on your own. You'll have to add an amplifier to jack the volume coming out of the radio high enough to play over the car speakers, and you'll have to have whoever wired the speakers up add an input jack of some sort.

    I have rigged a lot of chairs up with sound systems that can play nice and loud without having to tap the chair's batteries. Load them with rechargeables, mount them near the headrest... sometimes you can even add a Bluetooth element so you can connect your cell phone to them.

    ReplyDelete