Saturday, June 1, 2013

I want to donate power wheelchair?

Question by Lucy Locket: I want to donate power wheelchair?
I bought my Dad an expensive power wheelchair but his doctor doesn't want him to use an electric one. I want to donate the chair to someone who really needs one. Where do I start?


Best answer:

Answer by ronald s
I would contact a local Vineyard church. They can find someone that needs it. Email me at staib_ronald@yahoo.com and I can help you.



What do you think? Answer below!

6 comments:

  1. Check the nursing homes in your area too. I'm sure someone there could use one...

    ReplyDelete
  2. contact the disabled american veterans or your local vfw chapter.when my brother passed away we donated his wheelchair to our local vfw where jack was a member.bless you and good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you have a local Easter Seals Society in your area, that would be the place. They loan all kinds of medical equipment to those who cannot afford it, especially those who are chronically ill, and those who are terminally ill.
    They don't charge for loaning the equipment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. when my father died we sold his chair but i recommend you look on "craigslist" or contact the salvation army and ask about if they know of someone who needs it. DON'T DONATE IT TO A CHARITY! they will hold out for top dollar and keep 90% of it for themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! that is very nice of you. My mom has a wheel chair. You can go to a rehab center or to a charity of some sort and see who really needs one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. nearby charity organization will need it.

    ReplyDelete