Tuesday, July 16, 2013

What should i do with my summer vacation ? ( in wheelchair )?

Question by I love music: What should i do with my summer vacation ? ( in wheelchair )?
I usally go to school but its almost my last year for school, i was thinking about going to church but idk b/c i do not have a ride to it b/c my mom works. And my wheelchair dose not fold up so no taxi for me.

Any thing else u can think of my best friend is moving away this summer :(
it dose not go that far or else it will run out of battery.


Best answer:

Answer by Kaninchen
Hmm...it really depends on where you live. If you live in a city, then you can probably find lots to do. If you're like me and live in the middle of the boonies where if you blink you will miss the town, well...I guess you could find a cow to milk...just kidding haha! That's probably how I'll spend my summer lol

Anyway, depending on where you live, you could go to the library, the mall, anywhere really. If you want to go to church, find out if someone from the church could take you. Most of the churches that I've known of have a church van that picks people up at their houses, your local churches might, too. They are big vans, and since not a lot of people go in them, your wheelchair could probably fit. I know my cousin's does, and it's a big electric wheelchair.

You could pick up a hobby - for example, learn an instrument, try art, learn a new language, something cool like that. Pottery comes to my mind for some reason. Maybe if you live in a big enough community, you could sign up for a summer class. My brother and I do that - last year, I got my CPR/AED training and took a German class, and my brother took a pottery class and an animal science class!

Of course, you can probably just spend most of the summer on the computer, but that's no fun, is it? Haha :) If you really can't find anything to do, you could learn stuff online, too. Live Mocha is a site where you can learn some languages for free (Or sign up for a tuition course if you want to). You can learn lots of instruments online, too. Of course, you can be like me and google whatever random topic comes to your mind, and go from there! I usually spend my summer showing rabbits in my region of PA, but that's just what I like to do! :)

Hope this helps! :)



Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!

2 comments:

  1. check to see if your area has paratransit...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same problem. My old wheelchair folded up and things were easier.
    Anyway, I haven't personally tried this, but I know there are a lot of driving services for PWD that can accommodate wheelchairs. Google your city name and then something like "transportation for people with disabilities" or "accessible transportation."
    Once you have transportation, having a job or volunteering are both really good experiences. Sometimes the company you work/volunteer for can help with transportation too.

    ReplyDelete