Friday, July 19, 2013

I am wondering if anyone has a simple remedy for leg and hand cramps?

Question by snowmom: I am wondering if anyone has a simple remedy for leg and hand cramps?
I am a diabetic and also suffer from Lymphodema in the worse way, mainly my right side is groteusquely huge with edema and it hangs down below my knees. So often cramps and pain just keep me up all night and then some. I have become so unable to move around that now I use an electric wheelchair, most of the time. I'm not sure but I wonder if the inactivity is making all this cramping and pains. I really have no faith in any doctors any more too many quacks, who helped me get where I am. Sorry I'm just alittle bitter at times, I'm 53 and feel and act older than my 87 year old mother.
Oh yes I should have mentioned the edema makes movement very hard my last weight was 429#, sickening isn't it? it isn't food its lower body water that can't be removed.


Best answer:

Answer by nanerdik
Eat a banana a day, the potassium should keep the cramps away.



What do you think? Answer below!

6 comments:

  1. try to stretch the part that's cramping up, it will be painful at first but it'll lessen the pain later

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes chronic muscle cramps are the result of vitamin deficiency (calcium in particular). Consider taking a daily multi-vitamin! If anything, it can't hurt. . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Usually people use ice for cramps. Ice has analgesic effect

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was told once that cramps is due to lack of water in the body.
    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am diabetic and suffer from the same problems, I have a massage therapist that comes once a week, it has worked wonders for me. You need some one to rub your legs and body as often as possible. Touch really helps.

    Silver Birch

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been without cramps in my legs and thighs by making sure I take calcium. I like the Citrical Small Bites, because they are more like a candy and not a pill. I also take hot showers and it helps my legs before going to bed. Try to walk, move around. The inactivity is hurting you, for sure!

    ReplyDelete