Monday, July 15, 2013

Trading in and Upgrading my car?

Question by SARswimmer95: Trading in and Upgrading my car?
I just bought a used 2009 Toyota Matrix four months ago. It had about 27,000 miles on it. Since then, I have put less than 5,000 miles on it. So here's my dilema: My wife just got fitted for a new electric wheelchair, and we need more room! Is it acceptible to bring the car back and try and get an upgrade? We will be needing something bigger. Any help would be great!


Best answer:

Answer by just call me Buzz
There's noting wrong with ding that, but be prepared for your jaw to drop when you see your trade value. You will be offered 3 or 4 thousand less than you paid on trade in.

Here's some free advice.

Find a leftover 2010 Dodge Grand Caravan, cheapest trim you can find.

With it being a leftover and being the end of the year, the rebates are god and the dealer will take out most of their profit as well.

This will soften the blow on the trade value and even though technically you will be losing that money, you will be making it back by getting a good deal on the van. So essentially it will just be like you paid retail for the van.



What do you think? Answer below!

1 comment:

  1. DO NOT buy a dodge caravan! I have one now thatis horrible. If you can, get a Toyota Sienna rampvan. That way she can ride in her wheelchair in the van.

    ReplyDelete