Monday, July 1, 2013

Cheap electric wheelchair motor?

Question by bradster1200: Cheap electric wheelchair motor?
Does anybody know if there is a web site that sells cheap or rebuilt electric wheelchair motors. I've checked some sites, but they have a really crappy set up. I'm looking to spend anywhere from $ 75 to $ 180. I need about a 1-2hp motor for a robot i'm building.
Nothing from china! I'm not going to pay that shipping.


Best answer:

Answer by Kacky
Why not call a company in your local area that does mobility services for seniors? They may even be able to give you one for free.
.



What do you think? Answer below!

1 comment:

  1. Most larger cities have wheelchair donation programs that often have spare parts you can buy. You can also usually score cheap chairs from thrift shops or shopper newsletters- the bonus for a whole chair is getting the charger, controller, etc.

    You can also try http://www.npcinc.com/ for rebuilts. They also have a section on robotics.

    I used these guys years ago for wheelchair repairs and they were great, but have not lately.

    At work, I have 5 power wheelchairs I need to recondition- probably combining into 2 chairs. I know 7 of the motors work. 1 was acting funny for a while but may be OK, and 2 are in unknown condition.

    I would be happy to sell you some of the spare motors if we can figure out a safe way to exchange info.

    ReplyDelete