Thursday, April 25, 2013

Where can a paralyzed person go on vacation that is wheelchair accessable? What about going to Egypt?

Question by sweetheart: Where can a paralyzed person go on vacation that is wheelchair accessable? What about going to Egypt?
My good friend wants to travel to Egypt and see the paramids... I would like to take him there but I don't know how accessible that would be for an electric wheelchair?

I would also like to know if there are other nice places to take someone on vacation who uses a wheel chair? Money is not really a problem. Can someone give us some ideas? My friend has only been paralyzed for a 2 yrs and this would be a first vacation we would take together...

Thank you!


Best answer:

Answer by Velvet Brooks
http://www.makoa.org/travel.htm



Give your answer to this question below!

2 comments:

  1. Egypt seemed about 50 years behind the western world in terms of wheelchair access. I don't think I saw one person there in a wheelchair to be honest. Sorry to say it, but you'll go through hell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The large hotels have wheel chair access but getting about will difficult the taxis leave a lot to be desired ,the mode of transport is usually horse and carriage so almost impossible with a wheel chair. America is the most wheel chair friendly country i know.

    ReplyDelete